Discover FranceeBook - 2013
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Discover Franceis your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Take a scenic drive to Champagne-drenched Reims, get lost amid the fairy tale-like grandeur of a chateaux in the Loire Valley, or simply knock elbows with local Parisians in a neo-bistro, all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of France and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Discover France:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, architecture, politics, and cuisine
- Free, convenient pull-out Paris map (included in print version), plus over 25 colour neighbourhood maps
- Useful features - including Walking Tours, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), andTravel with Kids
- Coverage of Paris & Around, Normandy, Brittany, Champagne, Northern France, Loire Valley, Central France, Burgundy, Dordogne, Lyon. French Alps, Bordeaux, French Basque Country, Provence, the French Riviera, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Zoom-in maps and images for greater detail
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps let you stay offline to avoid roaming and data charges
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Speedy search capabilities get you to what you need and want to see
- Bookmarks help you shoot back to key pages in a flash
- Touch embedded links to our recommendations' websites
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Inbuilt dictionary to decode site-specific local terms
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Discover France, our easy-to-use guide, is perfect for those seeking the most popular attractions a destination has to offer. Filled with inspiring and colourful photos, this guide focuses on the best of the best.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends a wide range of experiences, both popular and offbeat, and extensively covers all of the country's regions? Check outLonely Planet's France guide.
- Looking for a guide for Paris? Check out Lonely Planet's Paris guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer,Lonely Planet's Discover Paris, a photo-rich guide to the city's most popular attractions, orLonely Planet's Pocket Paris, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel content company with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
Some online versions lack accompanying media packaged with the printed version