Lonely Planet TaiwanBook - 1998-
Lonely Planet Taiwan is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Walk into a Chinese painting at marble-walled Taroko Gorge, take a scenic climb up Snow Mountain, or soak in a spa at one of Taiwan's myriad hot springs, all with your trusted travel companion.
#1 best-selling guide to Taiwan*
Lonely Planet Taiwan is your passport to all the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see, what to skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Walk into a Chinese painting at marble-walled Taroko Gorge, take a scenic climb up Snow Mountain, or soak in a spa at one of Taiwan's myriad hot springs, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Taiwan and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Taiwan Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries show you the simplest way to tailor your trip to your own personal needs and interests
- Insider tips save you time and money, and help you get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - including hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, and prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - including eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, and hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer and more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, religion, art, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, and cuisine
- Over 60 maps
- Coverage of Taipei, Beitou, Danshui, Northern Taiwan, Hsinchu, Taroko National Park, Taitung, Alishan National Scenic Area, Chiayi, Changhua, Lukang, Southern Taiwan,Tainan, Kaohsiung, Taiwan's Islands, and more
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Robert Kelly and Chung Wah Chow.
About Lonely Planet:Started in 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel guide publisher with guidebooks to every destination on the planet, as well as an award-winning website, a suite of mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet's mission is to enable curious travellers to experience the world and to truly get to the heart of the places they find themselves in.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012 and 2013 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Best-selling guide to Taiwan. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA
Baker & Taylor
A guide to the island offers cultural insights, practical travel tips, and information on accommodations and sights to see.
Library has: Recent editions