Web Design in A Nutshell
A Desktop Quick ReferenceBook - 2001
Completely revised and updated to include the latest web browsers, graphics editors, and authoring tools, a valuable guide encompasses every aspect of designing Web pages and provides new information on web standards, printing, accessibility, Flash, and designing for wireless devices. Original. Intermediate.
Ingram Publishing Services
Web Design in a Nutshell, 2nd Edition contains the nitty-gritty on everything you need to know to design web pages. It's the good stuff, without the fluff, written and organized so that answers can be found quickly. This completely revised and expanded 2nd edition is chock-full of information about the wide range of front-end technologies and techniques from which web designers and authors must draw.
Web Design in a Nutshell, 2nd Edition includes:
- Discussions of the web environment including monitors and browsers, printing from the Web, accessibility, and internationalization
- A complete reference to HTML and Server Side Includes, including up-to-date browser support (Netscape 6, IE 6.0, and Opera 5) for every tag and attribute
- Updated chapters on creating GIF, animated GIF, JPEG, and PNG graphics, including designing with the Web Palette
- Information on multimedia and interactivity, including audio, video, Flash 5 and Shockwave, and a new chapter on SMIL
- A revised tutorial and reference on Cascading Style Sheets
- Appendixes detailing HTML tags, attributes, deprecated tags, proprietary tags, CSS compatibility and support, and character entities
Details a variety of front-end technologies and techniques and reviews Web design fundamentals while explaining how to work with HTML, graphics, and multimedia and interactive applications.