All-new Complete Cooking Light CookbookBook - 2006
Complemented by more than one thousand cooking tips from the experts at Cooking Light, a richly illustrated, comprehensive guide to healthy cookery features one thousand kitchen-tested, tasty, and nutritional recipes, along with menu suggestions, nutritional analyses, and cooking and preparation times. 70,000 first printing.
This is the biggest, most complete cookbook in Cooking Light history! Every appetizer, side, entrée and dessert is guaranteed to be the most temptingly delicious, decadent food you’ve ever tasted…yet they’re all light and healthy. If you have only one light cookbook in your collection, this is the one you need to help you cook and eat smart. You'll find:
* Over 1,000 Top-Rated, Kitchen-Tested Recipes These are the recipes our staff returns to over and over—the ones we (and our readers) consider the “essential” light recipes.
* Over 500 Color Photographs Mouthwatering photos will inspire you to make the recipe, and technique photos will guide you through the process.
* Classic Makeovers—We show you how to lighten favorite recipes without losing flavor, and before and after numbers reveal the difference.
* Test Kitchen Tips—From mastering perfectly-risen fluffy biscuits to grilling a flawless, juicy steak every time—these and many more secrets to cooking success come straight from our kitchens to yours.
* Step-by-Step Techniques—Whether you’re an experienced cook or a novice, our how-to instructions and color photos take the guesswork out of preparing light-as-air layer cakes, making creamy béchamel sauce, and more.
* 5 Keys to Healthy Cooking
* Nutrient analysis for every recipe
* 50 menus, including our Top 10 Quick & Easy menus and menu-planning secrets
* Prep and cook times for every recipe
* Quick & Easy, Make Ahead, and Freezable recipes identified in Index
* Entertaining Guide and tips for table settings
* The ultimate Pantry Checklist
* Wine tips
* Glossary and substitution lists
Offers a variety of low-calories recipes such as "Australian lobster tails," "Carribbean style rice," and "oriental flank steak" and includes nutritional information and preparation time for each recipe.