Coaching Youth Basketball
The Guide for Coaches, Parents and AthletesBook - 2006
The Guide for a Fun and Successful Basketball Season!
Do you need some guidance before you start coaching this basketball season? Coaching Youth Basketball, 3rd edition gives you everything you need to make this season a success. It covers all of basketball's fundamentals and gives coaching tips for every aspect of the game including:
- dribbling and passing skills
- proper shooting technique for all types of shots
- offensive concepts and plays for beginner and intermediate players
- defensive tactics for getting the ball back
- the responsibilities of centers, forwards, and guards
- how to work together as a team
You'll also find template practice plans you can adjust for your own use, step-by-step drills and plays, conditioning ideas, first aid information, and an explanation of the game's rules. Plus, a glossary and skills checklists at the end of the book help you learn and teach the language and skills of basketball quickly and effectively.
"Revised & updated"- -Cover