Ready, Set, Serge, Quick & Easy Projects You Can Make in MinutesBook - 2008
Thirty projects with step-by-step instructions and one hundred color photos enhance this guide to sewing, with helpful advice on overcoming frustrations, calculating a realistic timetable for a project, and putting together wonderful creations from an array of materials. Original.
Take the Mystery Out of Your Serger
Explore the creative options with Georgie Melot's tried-and-true methods. Learn the ins, outs, overs and unders of your serger! Ready, Set, Serge is a fun, informative book that rewards you with success every time.
Georgie's encouraging, learn-by-doing approach guides you through the basics so you'll be creating simple but attractive projects in no time. Gift bags, book covers, pot holders, bath mitts and other attractive pieces can be made from fabric scraps and fat quarters, or from ready-made items such as bath towels.
In Ready, Set, Serge you'll find:
- A thorough tour of the serger, from how to thread the needles and loopers to identifying specialty feet
- A guide to serger stitches and what each is used for
- 16 projects in both "basic" and "stepped-up" versions so you can learn general skills, then add more advanced techniques
- Clear steps accompanied by photos, project templates and diagrams
- Friendly expert advice from a professional serger and instructor