Coin Collecting for DummieseBook - 2008
Can’t make heads or tails out of coin collecting? You need Coin Collecting For Dummies, 2nd Edition, the treasure trove on information on numismatics. This hands-on guide escorts you through the world’s oldest hobby, helping you decide which type of coins you want to collect, keep your collection in mint condition, buy and sell coins on the Internet, find interesting coin shows to attend, and assemble and diversify a great collection.
The purpose of this fun, easy-to-access guide is to turn you into a world-class coin collector in as little time as possible. You’ll learn what coins can teach you about history and geography, develop organizational and observational skills, and learn to use analytical tools, all without event thinking about it. And you’ll learn the basics about ancient coins, U.S. coins, world coins, and the wild-and-wooly stuff that really gets your numismatic juices flowing. Discover how to:
- Start your collection correctly
- Evaluate coins using age, condition, rarity, and more
- Buy interesting coins without breaking the bank
- Locate rare and expensive coins
- Get savvy about avoiding fakes
- Get the whole family involved in your collection
- Develop a buying strategy
- Clean and handle coins safely
- Keep your collection secure at home and on the road
- Investigate tokens, medals, and miscellaneous coins
- Create complete collections of copper, nickel, silver, or gold U.S. coins
When it comes to numismatics, Coin Collecting For Dummies, 2nd Edition is right on the money!
Baker & Taylor
Explores how to take the hobby of coin collecting to the next level, covering topics such as which coins to collect, how to identify fradulent coins, and ways to protect the value of coins from damage such as corrosion.