Canyon of Dreams, the Magic and the Music of Laurel CanyonBook - 2009
Interview highlights include:
- For the first time in years, the three surviving Doors talk about performances, recordings, band dynamics, and, of course, Jim Morrison
- Randy Meisner reminisces about the Eagles first gig and the recording of “One of These Nights”
- Graham Nash reflects on life with Joni Mitchell and describes writing “Our House”
- Lou Adler discusses his legendary Sunset Strip venues—the Whisky a Go-Go, Roxy Theater, Rainbow Bar & Grill, and Tapestry—and, with Michele Phillips, reflects on the Monterey Pop Festival.
- Slash, a child of the Canyon, details the formation of Guns N' Roses
- And much, much more!
Baker & Taylor
Traces the musical legacy of the California neighborhood of Laurel Canyon, and the artists who lived there.
Traces the musical legacy of the California neighborhood, and the artists who lived there.
Written by a longtime Laurel Canyon resident who knows all the musical icons that came out of the area--including The Doors, the Eagles, Sonny & Cher, and many more--an illustrated guide traces the history of the community through exclusive interviews and over 350 photos, album covers, ticket stubs, and more.