Beating Cancer With NutritionBook - 2005
There is good news in the "war on cancer". Optimal nutrition coupled with appropriate medical treatment can dramatically improve the quality and quantity of life and chances for a complete remission for most cancer patients. A well-nourished cancer patient can better manage the disease. Cancer is the number two cause of death in America and the developed nations of the world with one out of four dying from cancer and 38% of women and 43% of men projected to develop cancer over their lifetime.
While the overall death rate from cancer has not appreciably declined since the start of the multi-trillion dollar "war on cancer" in 1971, there is good news from the nutrition arena. Optimal nutrition can reduce the risks of developing cancer by up to 90%, hence it is a strong preventative tool for everyone. And nutrition can dramatically improve quality and quantity of life for the millions of patients who are being medically treated for cancer.
This book provides a well-documented approach for using an aggressive nutrition plan of food and supplements to:
- reverse or avoid the common malnutrition that kills 42% of cancer patients
- make chemo and radiation more of a selective toxin, thus protecting the patients' cells while making the cancer cells more vulnerable to medical elimination
- slow cancer by limiting the amount of sugar available in the blood and gut for the glucose-dependent cancer cells
- stimulate the immune system, which is in charge of killing all unwanted cells in the body, such as cancer
- using foods and nutrition supplements as "biological response modifiers" to upregulate the body's built-in mechanism for eliminating cancer cells, such as apoptosis (programmed cell death).
There are many scientifically-supported nutrition factors that can slow or discourage cancer cells, including fish oil, phytoallexins from red and green fruits and vegetables, vitamin D, and much, much more.
- This 400+ page book includes:
- An audio CD for those who are too sick or tired to read
- A clever "executive summary" for those who want the main bullet points without reading the whole book
- A tear out two sided color chart with "rating your foods" and "better seasonings" to tape on your refrigerator
- An extensive chapter on meal plans and recipes to make practical cancer fighting foods tasty and convenient
- A comprehensive program for the cancer patient to use in conjunction with his or her doctor's best medical care.
The author, Dr. Quillin, spent 10 years as vice president of nutrition for Cancer Treatment Centers of America, a nationwide network of cancer hospitals, having counseled thousands of cancer patients and working with oncologists to provide synergism between medicine and nutrition. Quillin also organized 3 international scientific conferences on nutrition and cancer, edited the textbook ADJUVANT NUTRITION IN CANCER TREATMENT, and has many legitimate credentials in clinical nutrition (bachelor's, master's, doctorate degrees in nutrition; registered and licensed dietitian (RD); certified nutrition specialist (CNS)) to support the credibility of this book.
BEATING CANCER WITH NUTRITION has become the definitive book on this subject, was a bestseller on amazon.com in 1999, has been translated into 5 other languages, and has received high praise from cancer patients and doctors alike.
Originally published in 1994, this book had complete rewrites and updates in 1998, 2001, and the most current version in 2005. This book empowers the patient to be a part of their own recovery from cancer. The positive reviews from cancer patients and family members posted on amazon.com speak for themselves. This program works.
In this revision of the best-seller, Dr. Patrick Quillin shares his extensive and very practical experience in helping thousands of cancer patients with a nutrition program of diet and supplements, including nutrients to reduce the toxic side effects of chemo and radiation. This book has been translated in Japanese, Korean and Chinese. Reissue.