Data Warehousing for DummieseBook - 2009
Data warehousing is one of the hottest business topics, and there’s more to understanding data warehousing technologies than you might think. Find out the basics of data warehousing and how it facilitates data mining and business intelligence with Data Warehousing For Dummies, 2nd Edition.
Data is probably your company’s most important asset, so your data warehouse should serve your needs. The fully updated Second Edition of Data Warehousing For Dummies helps you understand, develop, implement, and use data warehouses, and offers a sneak peek into their future. You’ll learn to:
- Analyze top-down and bottom-up data warehouse designs
- Understand the structure and technologies of data warehouses, operational data stores, and data marts
- Choose your project team and apply best development practices to your data warehousing projects
- Implement a data warehouse, step by step, and involve end-users in the process
- Review and upgrade existing data storage to make it serve your needs
- Comprehend OLAP, column-wise databases, hardware assisted databases, and middleware
- Use data mining intelligently and find what you need
- Make informed choices about consultants and data warehousing products
Data Warehousing For Dummies, 2nd Edition also shows you how to involve users in the testing process and gain valuable feedback, what it takes to successfully manage a data warehouse project, and how to tell if your project is on track. You’ll find it’s the most useful source of data on the topic!
Baker & Taylor
Offers advice on designing and selecting data warehousing techniques, analysing data sources, selecting data to be stored, and facilitating the recall and distribution of information.