The SEN Handbook for Trainee Teachers, NQTs and Teaching AssistantsBook - 2011
Accessibly written with the needs of trainee teachers and Higher Level Teaching Assistants in mind, this new edition of Wendy Spooner’s popular SEN Handbook provides an up-to-the-minute introduction to key issues.
Student teachers and teaching assistants will find the case studies and vignettes invaluable as they bring these issues to life, and present important opportunities for reflection on how these issues relate to practice.
Core standards for teachers, QTS and HLTA qualifications are highlighted enabling the reader to understand exactly what is expected of them – and how to achieve it. Coverage includes:
- self-assessment of your own attitudes towards SEN issues
- legal definitions and current legislation and guidance
- identification, assessment and support for children with SENs across the Key Stages
- issues of inclusion and exclusion
- a range of teaching approaches and strategies
- school-based training and SEN issues that may arise
- further reading, websites and resources lists.
Practical and comprehensive, this is an invaluable resource for all teaching professionals working towards providing inclusive learning environments.